A few months ago I completed this rainbow tunic from the book Happy Homemade Sew Chic Kids,
(this is the same pattern as the middle dress on the book cover.)
It looked cute, the fabric was fun and it worked well as a top with leggings
but the only problem was the sleeves,
in the book they sit like butterfly sleeves, but I'm guessing that is likely because the fabric is much lighter and had more drape, so this is where my fabric type and pattern match was a fail, it annoyed me and those sleeves certainly annoyed her! So in the end, this little tunic didn't get much love.
So I fixed it, and I did it promptly, which even surprised my normal procrastinating self!
I know my patterns, and if I hadn't, it would have otherwise lingered in the back of her drawers or in fail pile, forgotten, like many of my work in progresses or sewing fails.
Cutting off the old sleeves and turning them under with a top stitch did the trick nicely.
And since then, it's now in regular rotation, along with a pair of loose leggings I made her from a pair of my old Pjays
I must say it's weird looking at her wearing those leggings because its looks like I just shrunk my old pair down to her size! haha