Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Surgery and a Lovely Weekend

I know that title sounds a bit odd to casually put the two together, but that is exactly what the past weekend was.  Middle B had a day surgery on Friday, another set of grommets. 
This was a straightforward operation, but my poor boy was just not wanting to go through with it this time.  He went all quiet just before it was time to go in to the operating theatre, and he kept telling me that he didn't want to wear the mask that puts you to sleep.  The anathetist suggested a sedative to make him relax, well I can tell you, once that kicked in it was quite amusing listening to his ramblings. 
I had a very drunk 6 1/2 yrs old on my hands.....  poor kid, his last surgery was a large one and only a few months ago, so I guess it was quite fresh in his mind. 
He really amazes me, with all he has to encounter, he is one brave kid.

Once we got back to Mums, we all waited for it to get dark and the family across the road came over with their kids and we lit the fireworks.  The kids had a great time running around the house till 11pm! 

Anyway the next day, we went to the local school fair, and I got a chance to take some photos of the new tops that I made Lil Miss...........


I  made up a pattern from another top that lil miss has, and I am really happy with the way they turned out...
Loving the owl fabric, I will be using this again


First day in the sand for Lil Miss


She enjoyed herself, taste tasting as she crawled along....


The boys really enjoyed themselves aswell......


punching the water.... boys!


testing the sand for walking....


All and all a great weekend for all!


Ofcourse I will be linking this to
Make it wear it at the Train to Crazy Thursdays

6 comments:

Sarah of Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

Awww, I LOVE the photos of your little girl! My daughter is nearly 9 months old and also enjoying the delights of tasting sand for the first time :) The fabric you made her beautiful top in is gorgeous. Ah, happy days and glad to hear the weekend ended on a good note. Your son is so brave, bless him.

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

Thankyou Sarah, yes, its funny watching all the taste testing that they do, sand, dirt, ash... it was a lovely weekend and just what we needed a bit of R & R, the best kind of recovery

Emily said...Best Blogger Tips

Love that top! Great fabric choices and lovely photos! (and such a brave boy).

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

Thankyou Emily

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...Best Blogger Tips

Those tops are adorable!

And I'm glad the surgery went well. Poor guy.

April said...Best Blogger Tips

Aww I love this little top! What designer is that owl fabric? I am thinking Sophie will need something made from it in the spring! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad that all went well with your sons surgery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...