Monday, November 1, 2010

Dress Finished ! Yay!

Well, I finally finished my dress, so I am a happy girl.

Its not perfect, but it is wearable... the photos could be better but, I only had my nearly 7 yr old to take them, so there wasn't much to choose from, that and I tried aswell, but most of mine ended up being cleavage shots because of the angle.... I think you get the idea.... anyway here it is.....


Man I need a tan!!!


I ended up using a pattern from the Sew U Home Stretch book by Wendy Mullins.  Though, I slashed and cut the pattern as suggests to get what I wanted.  Once I sewed it together I found that I had to take a further two inches of the bodice for it to sit where I wanted it to be, though I am wondering whether next time I should just take a pattern from a dress that I like, rather than do this method? not sure.

I used a denim knit for the dress and a stretch lace as detail on the bodice, see close up below


Next on the list is probably drafting a A line skirt using the book Design it your own clothes by Cal Patch, just have to find some linen or cotton fabric... maybe next time I go to Auckland.

2 comments:

Sarah of Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow, your dress is so beautiful and so are you wearing it! You don't need a tan at all - you look very elegant. How clever of you to make such a great creation, as well as managing a busy home with four children! I'm in awe!

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

@Sarah of Catching the Magic

Thanks, but I think I will still put some fake tan on this winter... looks better on the legs otherwise everyone thinks I'm wearing white tights !!lol.... also not sure I manage the chaos, maybe just go with the flow of it all :) ( well sometimes)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...