Friday, November 19, 2010

Spring Angel?

 Our huge cherry blossom tree has been dropping its blooms this week, it has been covering everything.  I can't hang out the washing without some blossoms making their way back inside....

And again, like every year, it has covered the ground in a sea of petals

Mike thought it looked like a spring snow and had the following idea

Spring Angels?



( love this photo, it shows Little J to a tee! He is such a cheerful and giggly boy )

When I looked at our huge cherry blossom in bloom this year, I couldn't help but think.... will it be the last time we see this brilliant show?  
I hope so......
Afterall that would hopefully mean, we were on our land..... ahhh daydreams..... Although I will miss it!

Anyway this was all from last weekend, so I am pretty delayed in writing this post up, because I have been really busy knitting up a storm.  Mostly for Christmas gifts, and a couple for Lil Miss.

I am joining in on a Mystery Knit on Ravelry with Tikki see here 
( you have to sign up to see this link, if you love knitting and haven't joined yet.... do it is so worth it! )

I have been knitting Sorello, which is the girl version, and I can't wait to see how it looks once finished, here is it at the moment



Plus I casted on another knit while waiting for the next clue, this will be finished hopefully in the next couple of weeks for Lil Miss to wear for the cooler days.... although the weather has been great without fail lately..



I have finished one knit and currently have 3 on the needles... madness!


And......Warning if you have a fear of spiders, don't look!




Mike and the boys found this last weekend in the backyard....


It's a bush spider... harmless, but still scary big!
( I remember when I first saw one of these, crawling along the carpet at a rental when we first lived here, arghhh! )




Of course the boys had to put it in a jar!
( don't worry he was returned home safely... well, on the outskirts of our property : )



4 comments:

Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

Love the blossom photo! We were at the hairdressers the other week and there was a blossom in the outdoor courtyard, the girls scooped it up and took it in turns to throw it over each other like confetti!

As for the spider, argh!

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

@Sarah of 'Catching the Magic'

Sounds cute, I'm sure they enjoyed themselves... Kids seem to find anything to have fun with :)

Penny said...Best Blogger Tips

O wow that's a huge spider! Yuk. That's boys for you. I've got 2, although not big enough yet to collect spiders.
Love the pink babygro with NZ on it! I'd like one just like it if I had a girl : )

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

Yeah it was huge! yuk.... you have alot to look forward to with 2 boys.
And it took me four times before I could buy and make frilly things, maybe next time for you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...