Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another Quilt Finished

It has taken me 5 years to finish this.
Sewn with good intentions to complete, years ago
for my oldest boy... shame on me!
I have had a love/hate relationship with this quilt,
Loved pieceing it together,
hated quilting it,
mainly because of the thread I chose.
So after many broken needles, broken thread, my sewing machine skipping stitches... its finally finished.... and even though the underside is awful ( puckered everywhere ) and the tension on my machine was crap...... its finished!!!!


Seaside theme and all, for my marine mad boy...


Finished with one day left in time for his 9th birthday...
the verdict?
he loves it but he placed it on his bed with wrong side up!


Typical! hehe


6 comments:

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Well done for finishing! It looks great, love the colours that you chose.

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

@tartankiwi Thankyou :) Now to start on the next three!

Jill said...Best Blogger Tips

What a fabulous quilt! (Both sides!!) Well worth the wait I'd say!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
Have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Cecily said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow, this is one gorgeous quilt! So glad to have found your blog!

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

thankyou everyone for your lovely comments :)

Cat said...Best Blogger Tips

This is awesome - well done

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...