Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Creative Place - Sew September Day 6 and 7


I'm still working on those trousers... so nothing to show ... yet!

But I have started and finished this mattress for my
 lil misses birthday present


Mike made the bed




And I ironed on pellon to two sides of fabric before sewing together, then boxed the corners and stuffed, and tied.

Voila... a mattress!

I still have to paint something on the headboard, and I want to make a mini quilt for the bed... but until then......
Grandma came to the rescue with some of her granny squares




And lil misses reaction of ooohhs and aahhhs, followed with trying to climb in herself!......made it all worth it.

See more creative spaces here


2 comments:

tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Ha ha! We really are in one line when it comes to the things we want to make at the moment aren't we!
LOVE the bed and mattress it all looks really professional.
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lil Miss!

Hootnz said...Best Blogger Tips

@tartankiwi Yeah great minds think alike! lol .... and thanks, I'm just as chuffed with it as Lil Miss :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...