Thursday, July 25, 2013

Knitting is my current choice of Therapy


As I may have mentioned previously, I predicted I would be knitting alot this winter.....
and nothing could be further from the truth

It's always my go to project when I need to relax my mind, but I still want to keep myself busy.  

Celeste Bed socks for my MIL 

And with the stress of selling the business and factory, aswell as knowing that Mike will be here soon.....but not soon enough!  Counting down the days people!  
 I can't bring myself to do anything else.....I've tried!  


I've planted a bit, but the kids constant arguing and baiting each other takes the fun out of that, when you have to stop every few minutes to prevent world war 3!

Another Knit, a cardigan for the Middlemore Wool Programme

I've lured a escapee cow back into the paddock first thing in the morning, all while kids are at each others throats, and the neighbours are watching wondering what is that poor girl is doing now! And yip these things always happen when Mikes away.

French Press Slippers for Mum....these were mine that I knitted a while ago, that I gave to  mum, I've knitted another pair for me....picture to come

And though there is a pile of fabric waiting to be turned into Lil Misses wardrobe.....taking over my kitchen table at the moment with my sewing machine is the last thing that I feel like doing.

I've been trying to keep that clear for kids painting and today for playdough playing, all to keep the peace and give me more time to clear my head and knit!

Thankyou for reading my rant.....I assure you I will be feeling much better next week :)

Linking in with Leonie at Show and Tell


9 comments:

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...Best Blogger Tips

Hang in there Laura! Not much longer now! Love all the knitting you have been doing... I must admit that I've caught the knitting bug recently- its a bit addictive isn't it?!

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

Kid-wrangling takes the fun out of everything! To do it alone is even more draining, so well done for trying to keep it all together - and moving a wandering cow just adds a bit of variety to your day. I wish we could go somewhere, anywhere to escape the arguing at every opportunity, with a big sign saying "If it's not bent, broken or bleeding, do not disturb".

Susan C. said...Best Blogger Tips

Its OK to "vent" as my daughter says......I can truely understand, you can see the finish line, you have held it together and now it's nearly here...but not quite yet.
I would venture to suggest your littlies are feeling the same restlessness, hence the squabbles.
theI knitting you have shown is adorable, the socks and slippers must be very warm and cosy. Check out my knitting....its on my blog.....if you so wish.....:-)
Hang in there......it will happen soon......

Ginx Craft said...Best Blogger Tips

You have been very busy. I do love those slippers. Very elegant.

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

I hear you Laura!! i find it hard to settle to task when the kids won't stop bickering.
And I love knitting in the winter!
I LOVE those socks, just gorgeous. You are very talented.
take care lovely
x

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Ahh yes world war 3... Such fun times! The cow sounds like the loveliest of the disturbances! Didnt really sound like a rant and you've certainly been busy still! Love your makings - hang in there xx

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

Kid wrangling it not the easiest sport it turns out! Hang in there :) Love seeing what you have been up to with your knitting needles - always so inspiring. Lisa x

Sammy said...Best Blogger Tips

Oh yes crochet is total therapy for me! Love the socks and those felted slippers x

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

I love those slippers for you/your mum. My theory is the closeness of it means it's even harder to keep going. It's like psychologically you've already laid down the load of doing solo.....does that make sense? Warring kids - urghhh not fun xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...