Friday, September 13, 2013

Catchup


Although its been quiet on this little blog of mine, life hasn't been.

In amongst a heap of health appointments to drive to and from.
We've gained 5 more lambs to join Buddy.

We have a total of three from our own flock of Arapawa's now, with two that we were lucky enough to witness their arrival on our little farm...very nail biting and exciting to watch

The day after giving Buddy back to his mum, ( for a second chance of mothering ), we got a call from the school saying the boys had registered their interest for some pet lambs for pet show day.

So being good parents 
( and quite possibly ones that were having a lapse of judgement that day!)
we said yes, and that afternoon we gained three little lambs to feed five times a day! 
 

Introducing Junior


 Dynamo.....named after my boys favourite magician


And Cloudy


 They're thankfully down to two feeds now, and are in the paddock with the rest of our flock
 

 It's been quite a responsibility for the boys and a steep learning curve...but there's also satisfying moments like this.


And also we've celebrated a couple of birthdays, my own and my little girls, who is now 4....is it me or do the years go really quick once your first starts school?

 A little present from our neighbours little boy


I had a go at cake decorating


 Attempts like these, remind me why I don't do this every year
......I start off happy, which then turns to frustration, and then tears....where I end up calling it a day.....and tell every child around me I will not be doing this again!.....then you just need to give me another 5 years before I'll guarantee I'll start the cycle all over again!
But although cake decorating may not be my thing! 
Apparently I can use a concrete trowel!  As I learned on Monday.... when Mike decided to single handedly lay our garage pad himself! 
Not a easy feat I can tell you!!  I thought for a while he was going to have a heart attack!.....but thankfully he had some very willing concrete drivers to muck in and me with my trusty trowel!

So as you can see we've been pretty busy around here....and this weekend will be no different with lots of new things to keep us busy.....that and if the weather and my back permits....I'll be back in my garden again


6 comments:

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow Laura! It has been busy for you, especially caring for lambs! hard work.
Happy birthday to you and your little girl - your cake looks great!

Schulz Family said...Best Blogger Tips

I think the cake is great. Far out though - you need to learn what slow down means!!! I don't know how you do it. But you do a fantastic job.

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Happy Birthday!!! to you and your gorgeous girl xx the cake looks great, and you guys... goodness it sounds full on! Hope you get some time to breathe soon! xx

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

I really love the photo you took of the boys out in the paddock with the fence posts in between them. Your cake is fantastic, I love the Strawberry shortcake doll on top, we have a little fan of her in this house too.

nz green buttons said...Best Blogger Tips

Your cake looks great! Wow you've been so busy! I suppose that comes hand and hand when you have land. xx

Notchka said...Best Blogger Tips

I'm floored you have time for cake decorating- go you. I love the pictures of your boys with their pets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...