Monday, January 12, 2015

A Vintage Rehash of the Pillowcase dress! and 1/52 Things I made


First off, Helloooooooo! Its been awhile!

Second off....lets just get straight into it! Shall we? I've got a lot of catch up to fit in, haven't I?!

So just before Christmas I was inspired to see how much fabric I could use out of one pillowcase......re invent the pillowcase dress? Since Vintage pillowcases are a lot easier to find these days than sheets....well from my experience! And at 50 cents to a dollar each, its a great money saver as well!

So here's my version of the pillowcase dress!


Yes I know I added extra fabric....so technically its not all from one pillowcase....but in my defense I had to cut two bodices (after I stuffed up ), so my options were a bit slim...plus my little girl is 5, so one pillowcase would be stretching it a bit!


But honestly I love how this turned out, right down to the gingham skirt band! Which was just by chance that I had it in my stash and it added such a lovely touch!
 

The blue, is silk, also from my stash, and had been sitting around for awhile, so I thought why not? It teamed perfectly with the floral pillowcase, it was like it was meant to be!

 

The pattern I drafted by her measurements (hence a twice cut bodice) with a vintage style.....I just looove this back line on her!


She looks so sweet running around after our poor ducks! and walking down through our establishing food forest!


Love this photo of her in the long grass with her daddy in his bee suit in the background! 
And thank goodness I got photos of her in it before she was let loose amongst the goats! Shes quite a grubby Lil Miss, she gets right in the thick of it when she wants too! Oh and the earrings are of her own styling....shes recently found my mums old clip on earring collection!! 

for 52 Things I made!
and Show and Tell with Leonie at Sunshine Leonie!



6 comments:

Leanne M said...Best Blogger Tips

Stunning. Love the back of the dress, love the frilly sleeves and it looks impeccably made. Lucky, lucky girl to have such a talented mum.

Renee said...Best Blogger Tips

Well done!!! That dress is just fantastic!! It looks so sweet!!

Leonie said...Best Blogger Tips

Wow it's simply gorgeous Laura! Gosh she must feel a million bucks in that dress! and the french knot and the earrings! What a gorgeous wee girl!! So pretty :) x

Catching the Magic said...Best Blogger Tips

So beautiful; the dress, the hair, your wee model, the photos and the countryside living! x

Miriam said...Best Blogger Tips

that back - swoon!! If only a mature figure!! could work with such a glorious back line. So sweet. Well done and the modelling? sublime!

BigLittle said...Best Blogger Tips

This is so totally gorgeous! You are so inspiring me to get started on a summer dress for our little girl before summer is over :) Your styling is so beautiful, with her classic hairstyle and natural surroundings. Swoon xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...